Keep reading at home, taking tests, and meeting those goals!
Learn at Home from Scholastic offers free learning resources for your family!
About the Teacher
Mission Statement: The mission of Pleasant Hill Elementary Library is to provide the school community with a wide range of materials on appropriate levels of difficulty that will encourage growth in knowledge, establish a life-long love of reading, and foster information literacy.
Library Distance Learning Resources
It is essential during this time that students continue to stay engaged and reading. I have listed below several links and resources for students to access digitally!
- Junior Library Guild Free Ebooks and Audiobooks - lots of current ebooks and audiobook resources
- Comic Plus - All the graphic novels and comics
- Lerner Sports - Biographies on Athletes
- Epic Ebooks - A great way to read ebooks!
- Project Gutenberg - Free PDF's of classic documents and books
- Smithsonian Education - Idea labs and other fun ways to explore the Smithsonian
Openebooks is a free app that allows kids of all ages to instantly download up to 10 eBooks at a time to mobile digital devices. Each eBook will be available for 56 days before it must be renewed. Students and their families can choose eBooks based on the topics that get them excited about reading and learning, and search for eBooks by title or author. Each student will have a unique code and PIN to use with the app. There are different collections based on grade levels ranging from PreK-12th grade.
- Mississippi Distance Learning Primary MackinVIA (PreK-8)
Site Name: Mississippi Distance Learning Primary
Username: mde20201 | Password: mde20201
- Mississippi Distance Learning Secondary MackinVIA
Site Name: Mississippi Distance Learning
SecondaryUsername: mde20202 | Password: mde20202
MAGNOLIA is a GREAT website for your child to use for help with research. There are several kid friendly search engines as well as a link to great websites for kids. Click the link below to access the MAGNOLIA website. Your student has been given the log in information for use at home.
See the Library Page for links to websites you might find helpful for using with kids.